I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes to cook for little Bee, whether it be breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack ideas I always have my eyes peeled.
As I’ve mentioned before he has an egg and dairy allergy and therefore I need to look for specific recipes or adapt them to his needs. He is also unable to have nuts as this kind of allergy is closely linked to egg allergy and going by his reaction to egg, its safer to stay away from them for the time being.
I find baking recipes quite difficult as most contain eggs which I feel are difficult to substitute effectively. I also find that a lot of vegan recipes are so packed with sugar that I probably wouldn’t eat them myself, never mind give them to little Bee.
I have compelled a list of our favourite allergy friendly breakfast recipes:
- banana oat bars – by us
- This banana toast always goes down well – by One handed cooks
- We are forever making these oaty cups – by Bramble bites
- We love this green smoothie – by Sweet as honey
- overnight oats – by us
- Banana pops are delicious, we sometimes use non peanut butter too – by Chocolate covered Katie
- Fruit salad with yogurt, seeds and honey is always a winner
- These Granola layer pots are delicious and we use nut free granola to make these – by Shades of Cinnamon
- We often make oat based smoothies similar to this one over on – This girls life blog
- And last but not least, this one isn’t quite a breakfast recipe but we enjoy this chia seed jam on toast in the morning, and its much healthier than shop bought jam.
I hope this list has given you some recipe ideas and inspiration .. especially if you have a little one with allergies like Little Bee.
Flourishing Little Mind