Yoghurt & strawberry crunch
This is a super simple pudding to put together in just a few minutes.
- Bash up small biscuits (we used Nairns Astro bites)
- put a small handful of strawberries in a bowl with a tea spoon of honey and mash with a fork.
- layer yoghurt (we used soy) in the bottom of a bowl.
- put 2 spoons of strawberry mash on top.
- sprinkle with biscuits.
Warm cinnamon and honey banana
Another super simple throw together recipe is grilled bananas.
- Sprinkle a banana with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Put banana into a griddle pan and heat through.
- Once heated serve up with a drizzle of honey and a blob of yoghurt.
Fruity frozen yoghurt drops.
These require a little preparation in advance.
(I find the easiest way to make these is by using a medicine syringe that comes with Calpol bottles. it definitely leaves less mess)
- lay out a piece of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Take yoghurt out the pot using a medicine syringe.
- Make lots of yoghurt buttons on the baking paper.
- Pop on chopped up fruit of your choosing (we like blueberries, strawberries and mango).
- Put tray in the freezer for an hour until frozen through.
Now I try to keep all smoothies milk and yoghurt based instead of all fruit because of sensitive little teeth.
The basic mix I use for a smoothie is:
- 1 cup milk (we use soya)
- 2 tbsp yoghurt (we use soya)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (we always keep a bag of spinach in the freezer to throw into recipes easily).
I pop all this into a small blender/smoothie maker and whiz until smooth
I then add additional bits at this point. I like to mix it up each time to give little Bee more variety
- other frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, mango)
- porridge oats
- we don’t use nut butters but these could be added too
Last year we got a Yonanas machine because little Bee is unable to eat ice cream, we thought this would be a good alternative.
This machine makes a Mr Whippy style fruit ‘ice cream’ . It is very similar to all the nice cream recipes going around on Pinterest at the moment.
This could also be done using a blender.
- Pop some bananas into the freezer along with any other fruit you fancy having.
- Take fruit out the freezer 10 minutes before using.
- Blend or pop into the Yonanas machine.
Flourishing Little Mind